, September 23rd, 2012 | Closets
| 0 Comments
custom closet organizers by rubbermaid.com
Whether you suffer from OCD or you simply like to ensure that everything in your life is well-organized, custom closet organizers can come in very handy. Custom organizers can actually give you more closet space which will enable you to really keep things picked up and out of the way. Whether you want to do all of the installation yourself or you prefer to have your custom closet organizer installed by a professional, there is an option that is perfect for your needs.
You should first understand the differences between full service custom closet organization and online custom options. With a full service company, you get full service. This means that everything is done for you and you simply have to add your belongings. A consultant or designer will meet with you in your home and provide you with a design for the closet that meets your needs as well as a quote for the overall cost. When you visit an online store and order your custom closet organizer, you get the opportunity to choose the closet system that best fits your needs and then install it yourself. When choosing between the two, it is important that you understand the benefits of each. Here is a breakdown of what you can expect with the full service custom closet option as opposed to the online store option:
- You will need to gather all of the information yourself. This means measuring your closet space and getting a good idea of how much space you require for each type of item that you will be storing. For instance, measure to determine how much of your closet space will be needed for shoes, hanging clothing, linens, etc. Once you know what you need and what you want, you can go online and find a company that offers the closet organizer that you prefer. Take some time to look at various pictures of the organizers offered by different companies so that you get a good idea of what you are working with.
- Once you have your measurements, you will need to enter these into the online tool provided via website or send them on to the company that will be designing your custom closet organizer. You can also take this time to begin removing items from your closet so that it will be ready when the unit arrives. Take down any shelving that may already be in place and completely clean out your closet.
- Many online closet companies provide design tools that will enable you to design the unit yourself. This gives you the ability to ensure that the organizer you select will perfectly meet your needs. You can use the design tool to try out various scenarios and see which unit best fulfills your space and storage requirements. Once you have chosen the design that you want, simply place your order and wait for the unit to be shipped to you.
- The unit should arrive with instructions for installation. If there are no instructions or you find that you have hit a snag while installing it, you can contact the closet company for assistance. Most offer online help as well as phone assistance. Once you have the installation complete, you are ready to move your belongings back into the closet space and enjoy a much more organized life.
Full Service Closet Companies:
- A full service company will do everything for you. You will simply need to choose the company that you wish to work with and call to set up a consultation. Make sure that you choose a reputable company and take the time to think up any questions that you may want to ask during the consultation.
- Your next step is to meet with the designer. The designer will do all of the measuring and determining how much storage space you actually require. An inventory will be done so that you receive storage options that best fit your needs. During this consultation, you will want to be sure to ask any questions that you have regarding to the closet design itself or your budget.
- The designer will speak with you about the best options for your needs. He or she will suggest solutions and provide you with a professional design that will give you an idea of what your finished product will look like. Again, if you have questions, be certain that you get those questions answered before you give the go-ahead for the custom closet design to be built.
- Finally, the designer will have your closet installed. You will need to agree to a completion date which could be several weeks in the future. Keep in mind that this is a custom job and may take a couple weeks or more to complete. The closet company may take down any shelving that is in your closet or this may be left up to you. After the installation is completed, you simply move your belongings back into the closet and live life more organized.