Here’s 10 Tips To Whip Your Pantry Into Shape! Many people love their pantries. In fact some have revealed that it is their favorite thing about their kitchens in general. This is probably due to the fact that it is the main spot in the kitchen that is strictly devoted to making sure that the family eats.
However, as you probably know, it is also the place in the kitchen that can become unorganized as well. This is why we have compiled together this list of ten tips and products that will make organizing your pantry so much easy. Not only will you save time but you will also be saving energy and money in the process as well.
- Throw away: The first step to organizing your pantry is to simply begin by throwing things away. Once you start checking expiration dates you will more than likely find that there are a lot of items in your pantry that are not safe for your family to eat. Additionally, you will also want to make sure that you are checking the frozen foods that are located inside of your freezer as well. Not to mention the fact that it is a good idea to go through your emergency food stash as well.
- Categorize: Take out some time to think about the different types of foods that your family consumes. Many families find that they categories consist of snacks, pastas, rice, bread, milk, soda, water, pet food, paper products, spices, breads, and other things along those lines. The main goal of his is to insure that you keep all of the related items in one specific area. By doing so you will always no when something is getting low and you need to begin to restock.
- Organizers: If you use a lot of canned goods expandable shelf organizers are a great way for you to get them organized. Not to mention the fact that since they come in some many different colors and textures you will be able to purchase some that match your other décor. Additionally, they also come in different shapes and sizes as well. Overall, you are going to find that organizers are going to be one of the best investments that you can ever make when it comes to organizing your pantry.
- Shelf Divider: Shelf dividers are most commonly used in closets however people are now finding out that they can be very useful in the pantry as well. This is because you can label the shelves so items such as canned goods and rice can be easily found. Not to mention the fact that once you have them labeled an organized you can assign the task of restocking them to your teens as one of their chores. No one ever has to be confused about where anything is nor do they have to wonder what goes where when putting away groceries.
- Spices: Many people have the habit of storing spices near the stove yet this is something that should not be done because it causes them to lose some of their potency. Also, as time passes it can even cause them to lose their flavor. So, it is never a good idea to buy spices in bulk unless you plan on using it in a timely manner. So, when it comes to storage you have to think how big your spice supply is. You have a variety of different options such as expandable shelves, drawers, or even a counter top spice rack if you have extra space on your counter available. Whichever storage method you choose to go with you will want to make sure that they are in alphabetical order however so you never have to worry about where they are at.
- Sodas: If sodas are a big thing in your home you will want to make sure that you keep them organized as well. This is because it can be very unsightly just having them thrown around on your refrigerators shelf. Additionally, you can purchase a “Fridge Monkey” for them and you will find that it will allow them to be kept very tidy.
- Heavy Liquids: All of your heavy liquids and water bottles can be stored on the floor of the pantry in a very organized manner.
- Paper Products: Since paper products are not needed to be accessed very often it is best to keep them on the top shelf. This way they are out of the way and you can save the eye level spaces for the items that you use daily or frequently. If you have a garage you could even consider putting them there.
- Cleaning Supplies: Many people keep their cleaning supplies either in their garage, in the pantry, or under the sink. No matter where you decide to keep them you will want to keep in mind that it is best to have them in a place that young children and small animals cannot access them.
- Grid Tote: Small items usually get scattered about the pantry. So, when it comes to finding a solution for this it can be a good idea to use a grid tote. This item can be purchased in a variety of different sizes as well as colors. It can be great for packages of sauces and salad dressings.
Well those are our tips and we hope that you find them to be very useful. Besides, the kitchen does happen to be one of the important rooms in the house. So, you want it to be somewhere enjoyable and not a hassle.
Continue reading →